CDC Climat Asset Management is building a portfolio of long-term positions in the carbon market. Owned by CDC Climat, the fully-owned subsidiary of the public group Caisse des DÃƒÂ©pÃƒÂ´ts (CDC), and PROPARCO/AFD group, the company is dedicated to building the international carbon markets with a particular focus on Africa. We see substantial opportunities in the current market environment and are therefore expanding our direct investments in emission reduction projects around the world.
Based in Paris, you will be responsible for managing the company’s activities in sub-Saharan Africa including all funds and investment mandates that focus on this region. This will include responsibility for originating, structuring and executing investment opportunities in the primary CDM markets in Africa. You will help define the company’s investment strategy in a rapidly changing market environment and manage a portfolio of assets held over the long term. You will play a central role in the rapid expansion of the entrepreneurial investment team of CDC Climat Asset Management and build the company’s Africa team.
As a successful candidate for this position you will have substantial work experience in the carbon markets. You will enjoy working in an entrepreneurial team that forms part of a publically owned group with a strong ethos of investing over the long term.
Your competencies and qualifications will include:
- Several years of origination experience in the carbon markets, particularly in Africa
- Hands-on experience in managing the full carbon project cycle
- Proven track record in successfully negotiating ERPAs and investing in primary CDM projects across many project types and countries
- Deep understanding of portfolio management across a broad range of CDM assets & high sensitivity to sound risk management; banking experience is a plus
- Proven management skills
- Excellent professional network that will support the sourcing of projects and expansion of CDC Climat Asset Management’s activities
- Fluency in English and at least a basic knowledge of French are required
- Entrepreneurial spirit and flexibility
- First-rate communication skills and team player
- Willingness to travel
CDC Climat Asset Management offers a competitive and performance-based package in line with the experience of the successful candidate.