Tetra Tech ARD is currently accepting expressions of interest for a Landscapes Support Specialist on our Indonesia Forestry and Climate Support (USAID IFACS). The USAID IFACS project supports the Government of Indonesia’s commitment to lower greenhouse gas emissions through the conservation of high-value forests and peat lands. The period of performance is from November 5, 2010 to March 30, 2015. IFACS strives to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in Indonesia’s land-use sector through the integration of forest and peat land conservation with Low-Emission Development Strategies (LEDS). This is achieved by working with government and civil society to ensure effective preparation and enforcement of spatial plans that promote sustainable forest management. The Project also works with private sector partners in the forestry, plantation and mining sectors as well as local community organizations to balance LEDS with forest conservation.
This full-time position will be based in Tapaktuan or Gayo Lues, Aceh and will be filled immediately upon identification and approval of a suitable candidate.
- Work with USAID IFACS staff as well as subcontract, grantee and implementation partners to ensure effective and efficient progress is being made toward achieving Year 4 Work Plan and overall USAID IFACS results and deliverables across the Aceh Landscape;
- Increase private sector engagement through the use of conservation management and monitoring plan (CMMP) and reduced impact logging (RIL) training with natural forest concessions;
- Scale up community development activities through the oversight of new grants and engagement with provincial level partners;
- Strengthen stakeholder communications – especially through Multi-Stakeholder Forums (MSFs) in order to ensure that IFACS activities clearly and significantly address landscape-level opportunities to conserve high conservation forest and peat lands while also promoting LEDS in order to reduce GHG emissions from the land use sector;
- Build links between IFACS field activities and partners at the landscape level to provincial and possibly national level opportunities;
- Provide technical support to IFACS staff and partners in monitoring, reporting and planning, ensuring timely reporting of results and also effectively applying monitoring as an activity planning tool.
- Master’s Degree in Natural Resources Management; Forestry; or a related discipline;
- At least 10 years professional experience promoting conservation, private sector partnerships, and low emissions development growth;
- Experience working community level natural resource management in Indonesia;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Bhasa Indonesian; and
- Willingness to spend significant time in the field.
Ã‚Â To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
- Ã‚Â Cover Letter
- Ã‚Â CV in reverse chronological format
- Reference List
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations- in the U.S and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer.
More about the position here.