Inspire, inform and empower producers to adopt low carbon farming techniques and monitor and reduce the use of non renewable resources. Facilitate the development of producer learning networks with the aim of sharing knowledge and information about low carbon farming. Ã‚Â Organize and deliver workshops and training events on the subject of low carbon farming. Produce high quality technical literature about low carbon farming. Ã‚Â Comply with the financial monitoring and reporting requirements of the project. This is to be done through the provision of services to Soil Association Producer members, and other farmers, with the express intention to communicate low carbon farming techniques based on organic farming methods, to the widest farming community. The post will have a strong focus in the SW of England but also work across England and communicate on a UK basis.Ã‚Â
- Manage the project delivery to inspire, inform and empower producers to adopt low carbon farming techniques and monitor and reduce the use of non renewable resources.
- Manage the delivery, financial monitoring and reporting requirements of the project.
- Facilitate the development of producer learning networks with the aim of sharing knowledge and information about low carbon farming and promoting best practice, peer support and efficient use of experts.
- Inform and support Soil Association policy work with respect to carbon and agriculture.
- Organize and deliver a range of workshops, training events and meetings on the subject of low carbon farming. Assess and inform producers on farm related carbon foot printing tools and their use
- Promote and support carbon foot printing and benchmarking amongst farmers.
- Produce a range of high quality factsheets on low carbon farming.
- Manage Camden BRI as sub-contractors, to produce a range of case studies about low carbon farming practices
- Sign post producers to other sources of related information and knowledge.
- Integrate the low carbon farming project with existing Soil Association producer related activities
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Experience Thorough knowledge of ecological agricultural and horticultural approaches
- Thorough understanding of the principles of organic food and farmingGood knowledge of conventional farming approaches
- Detailed knowledge of carbon equations relating to agriculture
- Experience of project management and reporting
- Experience in knowledge transferExperience of working with data and analysis
- Personal qualities & skills
- Personal qualities
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Flexible & adaptable
- Excellent relationship builder
- Confident communicator and public speaker
- Able to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Empathy and understanding of farmer and grower situations Empathy with the aims and objectives of the Soil Association
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent time management skills Excellent IT skills Ability to transfer knowledge from research Data collection and analysis skills
- Full driving license, access to a car essential and able to commit to regular travel
Deadline: 11 July, 2012
Read more about the position here.