The ICLEI Africa Secretariat is based in Cape Town, South Africa and collaborates closely with the global ICLEI network and other regional offices around the world, in sharing tools, materials and strategies and good practices specifically designed and implemented at the local level. ICLEI Africa’s core work streams include: Energy and Climate Change (including Disaster Risk Reduction), Water and Sanitation, Urban Biodiversity, Green Urban Economy, Urban Food Security, and Leadership and Governance. We work in a multicultural, international environment with partners around the globe.
- Play a leading role in implementation of a major internaitonal multi-partner project on urban low emissions development
- Conduct analysis of urban energy use and greenhouse gas emissions, and the design of appropriate monitoring, reporting and verification systems through liaison with relevant partners
- Provide technical support to municipalities to design and implement low emissions actions
- Honours degree or equilavent qualification in energineering/energy, environmental management, or climate change/energy
- 5-8 years work experience, ideally related to greenhouse gas quantification and monitoring energy
- Experience of working in or with local governments
- Strong skills in data management, analytical thinking, reporting and planning
- Fluency is written and spoken English; with proficiency in Portuguese, French an asset
- Resident of South Africa or has a valid work permit/visa
2-year position starting January 6, 2014
Based in Cape Town, South Africa
To apply: Email job application using hte subject line Low-carbon Project Officer to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30, 2013, including CV, letter of motivation, indication of salary expectation, indication of citizenship and work permit status, and indication of available date.
Learn more about the position here