The Environment & Conservation department, as part of the Corporate Citizenship division, is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive and integrated set of global strategies supporting The Walt Disney Company’s environmentally responsible practices and reputation. This includes providing overall vision and direction to the Company’s environmental efforts. Furthermore, Environment & Conservation ensures that environmental stewardship is integrated into the operating practices and decision filters of all TWDC businesses. Detailed information about TWDC’s sustainability programs is available at www.disney.com/crreport.
The Assessments group situated within the Environment & Conservation department is responsible for supporting the company’s focus on its environmental impact goals. This group leads the ongoing development of Disney’s environmental footprint assessment and works collaboratively with Disney business units to create metrics and processes that will enable the company to achieve aggressive goals to reduce its operational impact on the environment.
The incumbent of the Senior Manager position reports to the Director, Environment & Conservation Assessments, and supports the mission of the group. The successful candidate will have the exciting opportunity to work on a variety of environmental projects spanning Disney’s diverse global operations. TWDC’s wide-ranging sustainability efforts include programs to embed environmental sustainability into operations of existing assets as well as into new project design. The Senior Manager position is being created to focus on evaluating sustainability features for new projects. In addition, the incumbent will support a number of other existing initiatives in the areas of climate, water, waste, and product environmental footprint.
• Create and manage a process to collect and review sustainability information from internal project developers as they seek approval of project capital
• Evaluate sustainability features for a variety of new asset types and purchases, such as office buildings, hotels, data centers, retail stores, studios, theme parks, new fleet purchases, new digital technology etc.
• Serve as subject matter expert on a wide range of design and technology topics in areas such as energy efficiency, air emissions, and water and waste issues
• Support development of sustainability targets in the area of renewable energy
• Support other environmental sustainability initiatives within the company, including assistance in environmental inventories and managing large-scale carbon offset investments
• Collaborate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to collect information, and effectively disseminate sustainability concepts throughout the organization
• Research emerging technology proposals in collaboration with Disney’s Sustainability R&D group
• Analyze impact of environmental and energy regulations on Disney operations and sustainability strategy
• Cultivate and maintain internal and external networks of consultants and sustainability experts
• Travel to Disney sites and/or conferences as needed
• Undergraduate or higher-level degree(s) in engineering, business administration, or environmental science
• 10 years total technical experience, with significant experience incorporating environmental sustainability into design solutions
• Expert level knowledge of best-in-kind environmental standards and processes for a variety of asset types such as office buildings, hotels, data centers, retail stores, studios, theme parks, new fleet purchases, new digital technology, etc
• Ability to explain complex sustainability issues in a concise manner to senior executives
• Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders
• Project and people management experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Broad, flexible thinker
• Able to work in a fast-paced work environment; ability to multi-task
• Knowledge of new technologies for sustainability
• Strong computer skillsÃ‚Â
• Work experience in a large multinational corporation with diverse business units
• Experience developing new real estate and/or construction of spaces such as office buildings, hotels, data centers, retail stores, studios, theme parks etc.
• Experience in renewable energy projects
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with five business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, interactive media and consumer products. Disney is a Dow 30 company with revenues of nearly $36.1 billion in its most recent fiscal year?