Marketing and Communications Manager – Vacancy
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a senior Marketing and Communications professional to join ClimateCare, an established and market leading environmental business in the Climate and Development market. The purpose of this role is to support delivery of the companies Vision, Mission and Commercial Plans through the formulation and implementation of effective marketing and communications campaigns and initiatives. The main focus of the Marketing function is to create the right environment to enable sales and for customer satisfaction to flourish. The role is based in ClimateCare’s Oxford office.
A key focus will be working with our relationship managers to identify PR, Communications and social media activity for our major clients.Ã‚Â You will work directly with their Sustainability and Marketing teams, to develop communications plans around their carbon reduction programmes, at all times seeking to gain maximum brand benefit for those clients, and establishing a comprehensive network of channel marketing partners for us. You will also provide strategic communication support to clients’ sustainability campaigns to ensure maximum stakeholder buy-in.
As Marketing Communications Manager you will develop and implement both online and offline marketing communication plans to engage with consumers and bring our projects and services to their attention. You will have considerable autonomy to develop targeted, tactical and strategic marketing campaigns, alongside developing significant web presence and social media engagement.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing brand awareness which will include re-launch and brand building projects.
- Developing and delivering engaging, global communication campaigns to meet the company’s client acquisition and retention objectives.
- Building and implementing results driven marketing campaigns with clear objectives and regular tracking and measurement of success.
- Building a targeted PR calendar, comprising articles, blogs, editorial and speaking opportunities/conferences
- Strengthening and promoting ClimateCare’s role at the forefront of Climate and Development Finance in the carbon market, as well as a leading ‘profit for purpose’ or ‘Social Impact’ business.
- Developing and managing the marketing communications programme across all media platforms – print, broadcast, digital and photo. You will increase the already strong brand awareness by developing a Marketing/Comms programme that includes PR and Events
- Working with third party agencies to develop and implement clear compelling communications around our projects and corporate offering, and turn these into useful, results driven communications materials that support our sales process and drive/attract sales enquiries to our existing sales team.
Desired Skills & Experience
You will already be working as a marketing manager or sustainability marketing manager for an established brand in the Environment, Sustainability, CSR or Impact Investing space. You have considerable hands on exposure to all aspects of the marketing mix, from strategic communications and marketing, through PR to social media. You have a demonstrable track record of delivering marketing strategies and plans that meet commercial and revenue goals.
Specifically, you will:
- Have a strong understanding of traffic acquisition channels: SEM as well as a good knowledge of Social Media.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of online and social media, email marketing and retention strategies
- Be a natural creative who can both brief agencies and create message driven, engaging copy yourself
- Be commercially astute with a solid understanding of a company’s commercial revenue drivers
- Have a minimum of 5 years of experience in Marketing Communications, PR and Media
You will be a thoughtful and engaged personality and have a passion and enthusiasm for Social Business in all its forms and for Environment/Climate issues in particular. Experience of working in a fast growth, start-up or entrepreneurial business would be preferable.
ClimateCare is one of the longest established and leading environment-focused organisations in the carbon market. ClimateCare originates and sources carbon credits on behalf of businesses, Non-Governmental Organisations and Sovereign States and runs many of the world’s largest corporate carbon offset programmes.
ClimateCare’s world leading experts develop and consult on innovative Emission Reduction Projects throughout the world – with a focus on Sub Saharan Africa and the World’s Least Developed Countries. These projects sit on the emerging nexus between private sector finance and the climate/development/aid sectors. ClimateCare uses carbon finance not only to reduce Greenhouse Gas emissions but to accelerate sustainable, low carbon development.
The team specialises in socially focused projects with tangible development impacts; renewable energy, energy efficiency, improved cookstoves and clean water provision. Every project we develop is designed to contribute towards fulfilling the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
Please send an email to email@example.com with a covering letter with the file named in the format “LastName MM” and your Curriculum Vitae with the file name “LastName CV” by the 15th of October.
Shortlisted candidates will be sent a more detailed job description prior to an initial telephone interview.