CDP Southern Europe is seeking a highly motivated, experienced individual with excellent communications skills to support and secure relationships with CDP Reporter Services and Supply Chain members across Southern Europe (mainly Italy, Spain, Portugal).
The Membership Manager will have an opportunity to contribute significantly to the future development and implementation of Reporter Services and the CDP Supply Chain Program in Southern Europe.
- Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â On a day-to-day basis support member companies of both programs in the region;
- Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Present benefits to individual members, establish objectives for deliverables and secure member renewals;
- Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Fulfilling the membership objectives set by CDP including personal meetings, workshops, external communication and collaboration with other organisations;
- Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Establishing, maintaining and leveraging relationships with relevant sustainability and procurement managers as well as trade associations, industry working groups and other organizations to sell both programs to non-members in the region;
- Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Hosting public speeches at conferences and other (online) events to present and advertise the CDP Supply Chain and Reporter Services programs;
- Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Understanding and leveraging synergies between the CDP Supply Chain Program, CDP Reporter Services membership and other CDP programmes (e.g. Climate Change and CDP’s initiative for non-listed companies); and
- Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Assisting the Supply Chain and Reporter Services teams in developing and refining presentations, brochures, marketing material and the inherent program offering.
- Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â An entrepreneurial, enthusiastic personality with the ability to self-manage;
- Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â A passionate desire to contribute to solving one of the world’s major problems – climate change – ideally demonstrated by activities in their career;
- Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â A clear understanding of the aims, objectives and processes of CDP and the CDP Supply Chain and Reporter Services Programs and strong conviction of CDP’s impact;
- Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Persistence, endurance and creativity in developing a new business stream;
- Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Strong networking, negotiation and communication skills;
- Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Existing contacts in networks across businesses in South Europe, including relevant contacts within trade associations and industry working groups;
- Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Proven experience in public speaking and collaborating with corporations in industry working groups;
- Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â 5 years of experience in procurement and account management;
- Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Proven track record in business development or sales;
- Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Existing knowledge of climate change related issues from a business and procurement perspective;
- Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Interest and ideally background-knowledge on greenhouse-gas-accounting and water management issues particularly with regards to supply chain analysis;
- Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Strong analytical and research skills;
- Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â IT skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, CRM tools); and
- Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Fluent in English and Italian and/or Spanish; another language relevant to the South European region is highly desirable and a big plus.
The position is based in Milan, Italy, and the successful candidate will report to the Director Southern Europe, and work closely with the Supply Chain and Reporter Services teams in London and the European teams. It is expected that there will be some travel in the region.
Interested candidates should send their CV and a cover letter outlining their suitability for the role to Diana Guzman, Director Southern Europe | CDP Europe email@example.com with “Membership Manager” in the subject line.
Deadline for the applications 10th January, 2013
Read more about the position here