Your mission will be to lead DUC’s media relations programs that support the company’s strategic directions, including the ability to develop, manage and execute a social media strategy. You have a strong understanding of conservation programs and the media industry with the ability to communicate diplomatically in any situation.
At Ducks, we’re going places. You need to be an enthusiastic team player – a self-starter who can work cross-functionally, is capable of taking calculated risks and enjoys thinking out of the box.
Your eight years of experience make you the ideal candidate for this position, which is located atÃ‚Â Oak Hammock MarshÃ‚Â near Stonewall, Man. In addition to demonstrating a strong attention to detail, you possess the ability to meet deadlines and the capacity to handle a high-volume workload. Your emotional intelligence and ability to see the bigger picture will make you a great asset to our team.
- A diploma in communications, journalism or other relevant field is required.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to research, develop, implement and manage strategic media relations plans and budgets.
- Strong negotiation and relationship-building skills.
- Crisis communications experience; justifying, settling and/or defending highly sensitive matters.
- Background in reporting, writing and editing for a newspaper are required.
How to Apply
Every day in Canada we lose 80 acres of wetlands and we need your help to stop this loss. If you’re interested in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resumÃƒÂ© for confidential consideration to the attention of:
Closing Deadline: July 4, 2011
DUC is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce. We offer a competitive salary and a complete range of employee benefits for this full-time position.