The GHG Protocol is the most widelyÃ‚Â used international accounting tool for government and business leaders to understand, quantify, and manage GHG emissions. It provides the accounting framework for nearly every GHG standard and program worldwide – from the International Standards Organization to The Climate Registry – as well as hundreds of GHG inventories prepared by individual companies.Ã‚Â
This is an excellent position for someone seeking to gain management and administrative experience as well as exposure to GHG accounting and climate change issues. The position requires someone able to work well independently, being Ã‚Â adaptable to rapidly changing priorities, and an ability to manage multiple projects with varying deadlines. Ã‚Â The Objective Coordinator will provide support to the GHG Protocol team on a variety of administrative and logistical tasks including financial management, events coordination, database management, communications support, and related activities. The Coordinator will report to CEP’s Operation Manager.Ã‚Â
- Grant, budget, financial, and contract management
- Create and manage project budgets including monitoring monthly expenses and updating budgets quarterly
- Manage project grants including ensuring:compliance with funder rules and regulations, meeting funder reporting deadlines, responsible management of funds, and assisting in writing funder reports
- Assist in fundraising tasks, including creating budgets for funding proposals and as needed in drafting funder proposals
- Assist in coordinating the payments for the GHG Protocol webinar trainings and eLearning courses
- Create and maintain contract and subgrant agreements and payment requests
- Administrative and Management
- Help organize internal and external meetings, workshops, and conferences; take and circulate meeting notes/minutes and track follow-up as necessary.
- Coordinate applications for the Built on GHG Protocol Mark
- Ensure frequent and clear communication between GHG Protocol D.C. and international staff as well as external partners
- Assist in annual project planning and quarterly project status updates
- Assist in coordinating multi-stakeholder engagement in development of standard and guidance
- Help manage and maintain the constituent database, including adding and revising contacts, updating communications information, and responding to data queries.
- Serve as a point of contact for internal and external requests for information. Support outreach and communications efforts (e.g., publications, press releases, web development, etc.) in collaboration with GHG Protocol and CEP communications staff and External Relations.
- Assist with recruiting staff and interns and provide orientation and training as needed
- At least 1 year of relevant work experience and Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience with or demonstrated aptitude for financial management (non-profit background a plus)
- Fluency in English; international experience or a second language is a plus
- Interest or knowledge in GHG accounting sustainability, or environment and/or climate change issues a plus
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a high-paced, team environment
- Strong writing, editing, database management, and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including high level of comfort with Microsoft Office (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), web-based communications (e.g., Skype, GoToMeeting, etc.), experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus
- Commitment to WRI’s mission and values and interest in climate and energy issues
Open untill filled.
Read more about the position here.Ã‚Â