Ã‚Â 1. Conduct and support analyses along RRI’s strategic themes and emerging issues
- Conduct high-quality research and draft analyses on enterprise development, poverty alleviation, conservation and climate change mitigation/adaptation and the links with secure forest tenure rights
- Assist in the design and implementation of a variety of analytical projects including Policy Briefs, Working Papers and major RRI reports
- Support the Director of Global Programs and other senior staff with research support, liaising with RRI Communications Program and website support
- Manage the production flow of analytical products drafted by RRI and external consultants
- Liaise with RRI Communications for successful completion of products and launch and support RRI Partners and Collaborators to bring their research findings to a wider audience
- Contribute to the RRI Annual Report
2. Support the design and implementation of RRI’s yearly Global Programs Workplan
- Support RRI management to develop initial concept notes of yearly workplans for each of RRI’s Global Programs and budgets
- Work with RRI management and Partners to design and implement activities
- Draft terms of reference for external consultants and contracts with RRI Partners and Collaborators
- Work with the Global Programs Associate to maintain the Global Program budget and administrative requirements
3. Contribute to the organization of high-level international events and Network Support activities
4. Establish working relationships with key individuals in Partner organizations to support Partners’ activities and advance information-sharing within the coalition.
5. Contribute to RRI monitoring, evaluation and learning system, reporting to donors and proposal writing
Candidates will have:
- A pro-active attitude and strong initiative.
- 3-6 years of research/analysis experience
- Exceptional communication skills, coupled with the confidence and awareness to interact comfortably and respectfully with high-level leaders from diverse cultures, backgrounds, and approaches to work. Must be fluent in English. Familiarity or fluency in a secondary language, especially French or Spanish, is preferred.
- Exceptional writing skills. Ability to write clear and concise content and ability to edit text written by others, to make complex text more understandable without compromising message and content
- Exceptional organization skills and demonstrated ability to excel while juggling competing priorities. Excellent time management is essential.
- A highly collegial attitude. Candidates must be courteous, dependable, and enjoy working as a part of a friendly and supportive team.
A master’s degree in applied economics or a related social science and previous work experience in a developing country, especially related to small-scale enterprises and natural resources, is highly preferred.Ã‚Â
Please send a cover letter, your rÃƒÂ©sumÃƒÂ©, and a short writing sample in English and second language (if the case) to human resources (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the position title “Policy Analyst” in the subject line. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted immediately and interviews conducted on a rolling basis. Apply early. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls, please.
Rights and Resources Group is a non-profit organization that serves as the coordinating mechanism for the Rights and Resources Initiative, a global coalition to advance forest tenure, policy and market reforms. Rights and Resources Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.