Environmental Defense Fund is currently looking to hire a Program Assistant to provide support for Smart Power Initiatives. The Program Assistant will be working in a challenging environment that will include detail-oriented independent work, quick thinking, and professional interactions. The successful candidate must have the demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands.
- Track project deliverables and report progress
- Administer contracts for consultants, including assistance in writing and signing contracts, working with the AccountingÃ‚Â Department to ensure payments of contracts and with consultants to ensure the obligations of contracts are fulfilled.
- Work with program management, program staff, and program financial analyst to monitor, track, and develop expenses reports for program staff.
- Organize and maintain electronic and paper files including program staff work plans, organization archive system called “Project Space,” contracts, and other documents.
- Maintain calendars, schedule travel arrangements, submit expense reports, and coordinate logistics for the team, and/or senior level staff with highly variable schedules.Ã‚Â
- Coordinate information requests from external sources and other programs and/or departments to ensure requests are met according to deadlines.
- Assist in preparation of work products including: conducting background research, preparing summary documents, preparing sections of reports, interfacing with contractors such as web and graphic designers, organizing final layout, and proofreading documents.
- Proactively identify and implement mechanisms to enhance operational effectiveness of the Smart Power team.
- Conduct research and apply excellent organizational, communication, and planning skills in preparing correspondence and reports, briefings, correspondence, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, and responding to requests for information.
- Work independently and as part of a US Climate and Energy team on special non-recurring and ongoing projects, which may include planning and coordinating multiple presentations and disseminating information including, but not limited to the ICP and OBR team, energy efficiency, climate change, and air quality impacts.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with at least one year of relevant experience
- Excellent verbal and written (including editing) communication skills with demonstrated research skills
- Excellent organizational skills, including ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to communicate and work in close collaboration with government officials and staff, independent consultants, financial institutions, advocates, community based organizations, environmental and environmental justice groups, and civic groups.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, strong skills with Excel and PowerPoint
- A team player able to work independently and willing to pitch in where and when needed
This position will begin as soon as possible. Due to the volume of employment applications and queries received, EDF is unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate.Ã‚Â
Read more about the position here.Ã‚Â