- Plan, coordinate and administer assigned Duke Carbon Offsets Initiative project(s) to include developing and implementing procedures, processes, services and systems.
- Make operational and programmatic decisions necessary for successful achievement of program strategies and objectives.
- Troubleshoot problems and make recommendations for improvement. Develop, coordinate and adviseÃ‚Â staff regarding program policy.
- Monitor and evaluate program effectiveness using qualitative andÃ‚Â quantitative research techniques. Evaluate and interpret collected data and prepare oral presentations and/or writtenÃ‚Â reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Employ existing emission and economic models and develop new modeling and analytical techniques to evaluate projects
- and project categories to assist with short-tennÃ‚Â strategy for project development and to inform the development of a long-term emission reduction investment and developmentÃ‚Â plan.
- Assist with investigating, analyzing, developing, and implementing procedures, and operating policies, especiallyÃ‚Â as related to standards and verification for carbon offsetÃ‚Â projects under development or consideration.
- Evaluate and propose internal carbon offset accounting protocols.
- Publicize the availability of offsets and automateÃ‚Â purchasing by the internal Duke community
- DevelopÃ‚Â tools for calculating and tracking emissions and emissionreductions.
- Coordinate communications, special programs, and outreach eff01ts to faculty members, University staff, and students asÃ‚Â well as potential collaborators, such as farmers, landowners andÃ‚Â homeowners, community, nonprofit and local governmentalÃ‚Â organizations, and other academic insititutions to promote theÃ‚Â successful managment of existing projects and implementationÃ‚Â of projects under development.
- Recruit participants,Ã‚Â develop agendas, arrange schedules, facilities, and publicity asÃ‚Â appropriate and overseeing necessary financial arrangements.
- Coordinate public relations activities to include conceptualizing and writing promotional materials,Ã‚Â developing and managing website content, publications, etc.
- Provide administrative support to program initiatives includingÃ‚Â tracking program expenses, creating invoices, billing projectÃ‚Â
- project partners, and assisting with the developmentÃ‚Â of budgets and grant proposals.
- Maintain liaison with other programs and offices to coordinate program business and to accomplishÃ‚Â program objectives; interface with external organizations asÃ‚Â appropriate to ensure cooperative efforts are enhanced and available resources are utilized.
- Analytical, communications and organizational skillsÃ‚Â generally acquired through completion of a bachelor’s degree program.
- One year of experience in program administration orÃ‚Â involving academic, instructional or counseling activities to acquireÃ‚Â
- skills necessary to plan, coordinate and implement a variety of programÃ‚Â activities and events.Ã‚Â
More information here.