ORGANIZATION: Carbon War Room
OPERATION: Green Capital Global Challenge
TITLE: Program Coordinator / Web Manager
START DATE: August 15, 2011
The Carbon War Room is an NGO that was co‐founded by Sir Richard Branson to identify and implement marketbased
solutions to climate change. Green Capital Global Challenge (GCGC), an active operation of the Carbon War
Room, is focused on facilitating the deployment of capital into the energy efficiency and renewable energy retrofit
market by the end of 2012.
The Program Coordinator & Web Manager (PC) manages all infrastructure responsibilities within the operation. The
PC provides operational coordination, facilitation and support while also managing the maintenance and partner
activity of the website: Green Cities Finance Forum.
• Administration: The PC is responsible for all clerical, administrative and logistical needs of the GCGC office
including operational budget management, calendar management, travel and logistical coordination, and data
entry/management. The PC reports to the Operation Lead, attends internal GCGC team meetings, prepares
agendas and minutes as protocol dictates.
• Document & Data Management: The PC is responsible for maintaining accurate and up‐to‐date GCGC internal
status reports as well communication with various external stakeholders. The PC is also responsible for
maintaining the accuracy of all data in the internal web‐based content management system as well as all
• Communication: The PC is responsible for developing and deploying standardized templates to respond to
inbound inquiries from stakeholders including cities, financiers, NGOs and industry representatives. In this
capacity, the PC manages and tracks GCGC’s relationships with organizations and governmental bodies
positioned throughout the industry. The PC will be responsible for all first‐level communications with GCGC’s
• Management: The PC will simultaneously act as Web Community Manager for GCGC’s stakeholder website:
Green Cities Finance Forum, including providing technical support and maintaining industry news updates
and forum posts.
• Must be proactive, results oriented, and highly organized with excellent interpersonal skills, solid
communication and writing skills
• Have a high proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
• Have exceptional attention to detail and a capacity to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Be dynamic, adaptive, and flexible with a passion for clean technology and improving the planet
• Experience working effectively in a diverse office environment and contributing to the broader office
Salary is commensurate with experience; benefits package included.
Please email cover letter and resume to Lilly Fitzpatrick at firstname.lastname@example.org.