Program Manager, Ecosystem Services (Bonn, Germany) – Forest Stewardship Council
The Program Manager (Ecosystem Services) is responsible for the strategic planning, organization and coordination of projects and activities to explore, pilot test, and adopt standards (indicators), systems (accreditation, database), reward mechanisms and methodologies (monitoring, impact assessment) for the certification of Ecosystem Services to advance the FSC Certification Scheme.
Main roles and responsibilities:
- Organization and coordination of:
- The implementation of the current FSC Climate Change Engagement Strategy by identifying, planning, budgeting, assigning and strategically reviewing relevant projects and activities, ensuring continued FSC membership support.
- The development of an FSC Strategy for the Certification of Ecosystem Services.
- The development of an FSC strategy towards biomass for bioenergy.
- Ensuring the periodic review of strategies relevant to the Ecosystem Services Programme.
- Overseeing project management and coordinating the implementation of FSC activities under the GEF co-funded
- project “Expanding FSC Certification at Landscape Level through Incorporating Additional Ecosystem Services”.
- Planning, budgeting and coordinating the implementation of Policy Motions relating to the Ecosystem Services Programme.
- Coordination of the monitoring and analysis of relevant regulatory frameworks and review appropriate response strategies.
- Establishment and maintenance of good relations with members, stakeholders, certification bodies, research institutions, intergovernmental organizations and other relevant organizations (e.g. ISEAL).
- Representing FSC externally in technical and other fora (e.g. on climate change, ecosystem services).
- Coordination of the work within the Ecosystem Services Program:
- Supervision and appraisals of all staff members of the Program.
- Development of the Program work plan and budget.
- Ensuring work plan implementation and budget adherence of all staff members of the Program.
- Delegation of tasks within the Program as needed.
- Coordination of activities with other PSU Program areas and FSC Units as necessary.
- Additional tasks as agreed with the Policy and Standards Director.
- Education and Training: University or technical college degree in a relevant field (biology, natural resource management, forest management or equivalent.
- Working experience:
- At least 10 years of experience in one or more of the following: multi-stakeholder initiatives, standard development processes; the forestry sector; PES schemes; conservation management; corporate environmental responsibility programs.
- Extensive project management experience.
- Leadership: Experience in supervising staff.
- Languages: Fluency in English (spoken and written). Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to work well as a member of a multi-cultural, inter-disciplinary, multi-lingual, global team.
- Demonstrated cultural awareness and sensitivity to the diversity of values, views and approaches to issues relevant to the FSC program by stakeholders around the world.
- Commitment to FSC’s mission and values.
- Familiarity with the scope of FSC’s programs of standard setting, accreditation, trademark management, political dialogue and networking.
- Ability to represent FSC through his/her work with exemplary personal and professional authority and conduct.
Please send your motivation letter, including salary expectation (net), and Curriculum Vitae as attachments, in English, to Matthias Fecht at email@example.com by 11 January 2013. Please cite Program Manager (Ecosystem Services) 2013 in the subject line of your email.