- Provide support to VCS stakeholders throughout Spanish-speaking South America, includingÃ‚Â clarifying and interpreting rules, requirements and procedures, and identifying program documentsÃ‚Â and other key resources available on VCS website.
- Manage methodologies being developed under the VCS methodology approval process.
- Oversee implementation of requirements for tagging VCUs with other programs.
- Assist with support and oversight of VCS registries and validation/verification bodies.
- Manage the AFOLU experts group and the application process.
- Participate in conferences and other industry events.
- Support the operation of the VCS South America office.
- Assist other parts of the organization, as needed
- University education in engineering, environmental sciences or related field.
- Basic knowledge of GHG concepts, Ã‚Â including voluntary and compliance carbon markets, Ã‚Â theÃ‚Â development of projects and methodologies and the role of third-party auditors.
- Background in agriculture, forestry, renewable energy or energy efficiency would be consideredÃ‚Â an asset.
- Native Spanish and fluency in English are essential.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office software is essential, and experience working with projectÃ‚Â management tools is desirable
- Sharp analytical mind.
- Ability to multi-task on issues of substance.Ã‚Â
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative.
- Professional approach and demeanor.
- Good organizational, communication, interpersonal and team skillsÃ‚Â
Read more about the position here.