LEBANON REFORESTATION INITIATIVE (LRI)
The US Forest Service, International Programs (USFS/IP) and Management and Engineering Technologies International, Inc. (METI) seek a full-time Project Director for a four-year US Agency for International Development (USAID)/USFS project to strengthen the internal capacity of the Lebanese Ministry of Environment to manage a large reforestation initiative through targeted direct technical assistance and short-term employment in impoverished and environmentally-degraded regions of Lebanon.
Responsibilities of the Project Director include, but are not limited to:
- Provide strategic direction for forest nursery development, reforestation, extension agents, conservation, and sustainable financing.
- Provide reporting and program implementation information on a regular basis to USFS/IP Washington, USAID Lebanon, and Ministry of Environment, Lebanon.
- Finalize work plans, budgets, and monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Hire and supervise personnel, local hires, visitors, and short-term consultants as needed to implement program activities within Lebanon.
- Organize technical assistance missions for USFS/IP and USAID experts in support of program goals and provide technical and logistical support to short-term USFS/IP detailers on technical assistance missions to Lebanon.
- Collaborate on reforestation activities with Ministry of Environment, Lebanon, relevant international and local NGOs, and donors.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum five to ten years experience managing USAID projects overseas, experience in the Middle East preferred;
- Experience in natural resources and forestry desired;
- English, Arabic, and/or French fluency preferred;
- Proven ability to work well with multi-level stakeholders; strong interpersonal skills;
- Familiarity with USFS and USAID policies and procedures; and
- Demonstrated leadership, supervision, and communication skills.
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Please send electronic submission including C.V. and cover letter with “Project Director” in subject line to Aysha Ghadiali at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 15th.Ã‚Â Finalists will be contacted.