Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, and working closely with both the Senior Manager, Advisory Services and our team of Associate Consultants, the Project Manager will oversee and deliver thorough and accurate assessments of greenhouse gas footprints for companies, products, services and events.
This role is initially a one-year maternity leave coverage contract, but has the potential to grow into a full time role at the end of the contract subject to business requirements.
The Project Manager will also be a technical lead on proposals and provide support on broader business development strategies.
- Managing and conducting greenhouse gas assessments in a variety of contexts for companies, products, services and events
- Writing, editing, filing and managing project documents and reports
- Supporting the continuous development of analytical models and tools for Advisory Services, ensuring a consistent approach and level of rigour in all GHG assessments
- Providing internal quality assurance and supporting the quality control processes in place with our clients
- Networking with existing contacts and building relationships with key people to expand our client base
- Reading and sharing news on carbon management practices in B.C. and around the world
- Supporting our Client Engagement Director in managing relationships with clients and others
- Supporting other team members in other duties as requested
- University degree in Environmental Sciences or Business Management
- Minimum two years of analytical work experience
- Demonstrated ability to balance the requirements of international protocols with the realities of business
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Proven experience working on a variety of projects, managing budgets and schedules
- Ability to both see the big picture and execute the details
- Demonstrated success working as the lead member of a project team
- Strong skills and experience working with Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, other languages are an asset
- Business development experience would also be an asset
- Self-starter: Strong sense of initiative and ability to self-manage
- Multitasking: Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while managing a number of projects
- Detail orientation: Quality performer – able to focus on details even in times of high pressure
- Collaboration: Works closely with a team of internal and external partners to execute tasks efficiently and effectively
- Leadership: Demonstrate depth of knowledge and strategic thinking as a role model to analysts and an expert for our clients
Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by April 18, 2013. Please include “Project Manager, Advisory Services” in the subject line.
Read more about the position here.