The Project Manager reports to the Executive Director, and works closely with other WCI, Inc. staff and WCI, Inc. Participating Jurisdictions to manage and coordinate all aspects of the technical services provided by WCI, Inc.
This is a full-time salary position located in Sacramento, California.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of workflow, schedule, communications, and quality control for delivery of technical services to WCI, Inc. Participating Jurisdictions. The technical services include:
- The Compliance Instrument Tracking System Services (CITSSS).
- Auction administrator services.
- Auction and reserve sale financial services.
- Independent market monitoring services for auctions, reserve sales, and other markets for Participating JurisdictionsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ allowances and offsets.
Specific tasks include:
- Supervise and direct technical service providers.
- Coordinate and facilitate WCI, Inc. work groups created for purposes of managing technical service delivery.
- Serve as primary point of contact for management and jurisdictional staff on issues related to technical services.
- Track, clearly communicate, and help resolve specific technical issues.
- Identify and prioritize potential improvements to technical services based on jurisdictional staff, user, and contractor feedback and recommendations.
- Develop and implement tools and best practices for project management and execution.
- Report to the Executive Director on work and outcomes pertaining to technical services.
The Project Manager will likely assume more responsibility for certain contracts, services, and work groups than others; however, the Project Manager will be involved in and maintain close familiarity with the substantive content and dynamics of all technical services provided by the organization.
At the direction of the Executive Director, the PM may undertake other duties as required to ensure the consistent achievement of the organizationÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s mission and financial objectives.
- BA/BS degree in environmental policy, information management/technology, economics, business or government administration, natural sciences or related field; advanced degree a plus.
- 3 or more years work experience in project management; specific experience managing complex information technology systems and/or concurrent and related projects/contracts a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; to maintain effective working relationships; and to provide a superior level of service, particularly in an environment whose participants are widely dispersed.
- Excellent people, organizational, problem solving, planning and communication skills.
- Familiarity with government policies pertaining to the environment and/or commodities.
- Proficiency with standard office software applications such as MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel.
At the direction of the Executive or Assistant Director, the Project Manager may need to travel for specific and well defined business purposes.
ABOUT WCI, INC.
WCI, Inc. is a non-profit corporation that supports state and provincial greenhouse gas emissions trading programs, and is located in Sacramento, California and QuÃƒÂ©bec City, QuÃƒÂ©bec.
WCI, Inc. offers competitive salaries and benefits commensurate with qualifications and professional experience, and is committed to equal employment opportunity.