Terra Global Capital is seeking qualified REDD+ Finance and Carbon Market Specialist candidates for majorÃ‚Â deliverables that include; assisting countries with ambitious REDD+ plans by building capacity within thoseÃ‚Â countries to achieve long-term net emissions reductions from forests and land use and contribute to the evolving REDD+ framework.
- Desk based literature and document reviews provided by REDD+ country partners
- Development of spreadsheet based financial models, that are robust and user friendly
- Evaluation of different financing structures for REDD+,
- Prospecting to carbon market buyers,
- Contribution to the papers and presentations prepared in English and Spanish on REDD+ finance, markets and operational topics for REDD+ countries
- Creation of training (materials and facilitation) on REDD+ finance and carbon markets to diverse audiences in
- English and Spanish.
- A minimum of five (5) years of combined experience in private sector finance and REDD+, forest carbon, payment for environmental services, carbon markets (voluntary or regulatory), and/or natural resource project finance;
- Educational requirements include at least a Master’s degree in finance, economics, business administration, environmental finance, or a relevant environmental field with a substantial business background;
- Exception financial modeling skills in excel;
- Understanding of carbon markets and private sector financing structures;
- Fluent in English and Advanced Spanish (4/4)
- Training experience and exceptional verbal and written communication skills, especially in working across cultures preferred;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- South American international experience.
More information here.