The Greenhouse Gas Protocol is seeking a Research Analyst to work on the city level greenhouse gas accounting project. Ã‚Â The Greenhouse Gas Protocol, a partnership between the World Resources Institute (WRI) and the World Business Council for Sustainable Development, works with businesses, cities, governments, and environmental groups around the world to develop greenhouse gas accounting standards and guidance, and internationally accepted management tools to help tackle climate change. Ã‚Â As part of WRI’s Sustainable and Livable Cities Initiative, the Greenhouse Gas Protocol will work on city level greenhouse gas inventories in China, India, and Brazil. Ã‚Â We will develop greenhouse gas accounting standards/guidance and toolkits to assist cities compile and report their greenhouse gas inventories in a comprehensive, consistent, accurate, and transparent manner. Ã‚Â The Research Analyst will serve as one of the team members for this project and report to project manager, GHGP city accounting project. Ã‚Â S/he will be based in Washington DC, but will need to travel and spend extended periods of time in China, India, and/or Brazil.Ã‚Â
- A master’s degree in engineering, environmental sciences, energy, mathematics, physics, or other related fields.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in greenhouse gas accounting, preferably familiar with the Greenhouse Gas Protocol standards/guidance, IPCC Guidelines for National Greenhouse Gas Inventories, and ICLEI city accounting guidelines.
- Excellent computer and quantitative analytical skills, experience on programming and Excel tool would be an advantage.
- Familiar with low-carbon cities and energy related issues.
- Excellent research and writing skills, preferably with publication experience.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Ã‚Â Proficiency in Hindi, Portuguese, or Mandarin will be an advantage.Ã‚Â
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Positive, enthusiastic and innovative in facing challenges, opportunities and new tasks.
- Demonstrating team spirit with excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with staff and external stakeholders at all levels, and flexibility to work across different time zones.
- Willingness and ability to travel.