About ICF International
It’s not hard to come to work each day when you’re preventing pollution, conserving energy, and reducing greenhouse gas emissions. ICF International is at the forefront of preparing leading-edge technical and policy analyses, identifying viable market solutions, and building real-world management tools. Ã‚Â In climate change and environmental markets, ICF has provided advice to more than 30 governments and international institutions, and served more than 60 companies in the FT Global 500. Ã‚Â We develop emissions inventories and carbon footprints; conduct greenhouse gas mitigation policy analysis; assist clients with offset and carbon credit projects; support organizational sustainability; and support federal and state clients on analyses related to climate change impacts and vulnerabilities, among other service offerings. Ã‚Â We offer our clients around the globe unparalleled analytical, policy, and business management services.
To support our growth we seek a Research Assistant to work supporting our clients and projects in Climate Change & Sustainability line of business in our Environment and Social Responsibility Division in our DC office location. Research Assistants will contribute to the development of innovative, accurate, timely, and high quality products and services, typically working on multiple projects with all levels of staff. Research Assistants at ICF International have an opportunity to apply their academic knowledge, gain exposure to major projects, and interact with experts and clients in the field, while also building content knowledge and consulting skills. Research Assistants advance in our consulting practice or go on to outstanding graduate programs around the country.
- Data collection and analysis
- Solving quantitative and qualitative problems
- Reviewing literature and performing research
- Conducting interviews and surveys
- Interacting with federal and commercial clients
- Drafting and reviewing written materials for clients
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental or other Earth Sciences, Economics, Engineering, Public Policy or related subjects
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in climate or sustainability related areas
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Demonstrated quantitative, programming, and/or modeling skillsÃ‚Â
- Preferred Skills/Experience:
- GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Professional Skills:
- Strong quantitative skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer proficiency
- Organized, detail oriented, ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Ability to work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
ICF International offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce. Ã‚Â To apply, please submit your resume, transcript, and a 3-5 page writing sample.
ICF International is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/D/V