Research Fellow – Climate Change Adaptation
Closing date: 2 March 2011 (Ref: CCEF/01/11)
ODI’s work on climate change is divided into three teams that span the Institute’s programmes – Adaptation, Climate Finance and Low Carbon Development. We are looking to recruit an experienced Research Fellow in Adaptation, who will co-ordinate the Institute’s work on this topic
The post-holder will be part of the Climate Change, Environment and Forests (CCEF) Programme, which forms the hub for ODI’s cross-institute work on climate change.
Recent highlights of ODI’s climate change work include:
- leading the research and knowledge management programmes of the Climate and Development Knowledge Network
- running the foremost tracker of climate finance – www.climatefundsupdate.org
- research on the costs and benefits of REDD+ for poor people.
About the job:
Responsibilities of the role include:
- research and policy advisory work: conducting high quality, innovative research
- fundraising: attracting funds through bids and marketing, including the development of a substantial personal research portfolio
- public affairs: disseminating and promoting ODI’s work and ideas on climate change.
Above all, you have a passionate commitment to climate change adaptation in a development context, backed by in-depth experience and skills. You have:
- extensive knowledge of climate change adaptation and its links to development, including key issues and organisations
- proven ability to translate research ideas into fundable projects
- strong analytical skills, a capacity to write clearly and excellent organisational and oral communication skills in English.
Salary: Research Fellow 2: Ã‚Â£46,509 – Ã‚Â£57,201pa
Position in: Climate Change, Environment and ForestsÃ‚Â
Closing date: 2 March 2011