Our work on climate change is divided into four teams that span the Institute’s programmes: (a) Adaptation and Resilience, (b) Climate Finance, (c) Land use including forests, fuel and food and (d) Low Carbon Growth and Energy. We are inviting applications from early-career and experienced adaptation researchers to join our Adaptation and Resilience Team.
The post-holder will be part of the Climate Change, Environment and Forests (CCEF) Programme, which forms the hub for ODI’s cross-institute work on climate change.
Recent highlights of ODI’s climate change work include:
- leading the research and knowledge management programmes of the Climate and Development Knowledge Network
- running the foremost tracker of climate finance – www.climatefundsupdate.org
- research on the costs and benefits of REDD+ for poor people.
About the job:
Responsibilities of the role include:
- research and policy advisory work: conducting high quality, innovative research
- fundraising: attracting funds through bids and marketing, including the development of a substantial personal research portfolio
- public affairs: disseminating and promoting ODI’s work and ideas on climate change.
Above all, you have a passionate commitment to climate change adaptation in a development context, backed by in-depth experience and skills. You have:
- extensive knowledge of climate change adaptation and its links to development, including key issues and organisations
- proven ability to translate research ideas into fundable projects
- strong analytical skills, a capacity to write clearly and excellent organisational and oral communication skills in English.