ODI’s work on climate change is divided into three themes that span the Institute’s programmes – Climate finance, Adaptation, and Low carbon development. We are looking to recruit a Research Fellow to co-ordinate the Institute’s work on Climate finance.
The post-holder will be part of the Climate Change, Environment and Forests (CCEF) programme, which forms the hub for ODI’s cross-institute work on climate change.
Recent highlights of ODI’s climate change work include:
- leading the research and knowledge management programmes of the Climate and Development Knowledge Network (www.cdkn.org)
- running the foremost tracker of climate finance – www.climatefundsupdate.org
- research on the costs and benefits of REDD+ for poor people.
About the job:
Responsibilities of the role include:
- research and policy advisory work: conducting high-quality, innovative research
- fundraising: attracting funds through bids and marketing, including the development of a substantial personal research portfolio
- public affairs: disseminating and promoting ODI’s work and ideas on climate change.
Above all you have a passionate commitment to climate finance in a development context, backed by in-depth experience and skills. You have:
- extensive knowledge of climate change as pertaining to climate finance and its links to development, including key issues and organisations
- experience of policy-orientated research, demonstrated by a track record of publications and report
- proven ability to translate research ideas into fundable projects
- strong analytical skills, a capacity to write clearly and excellent organisational and oral communication skills.
Research Fellow 1: Ã‚Â£36,883 – Ã‚Â£45,336pa
Research Fellow 2: Ã‚Â£46,695 – Ã‚Â£57,430pa
Climate Change, Environment and Forests
29 August 2011