Offsetters is seeking an experienced sales director to build a strong pipeline of new clients, focused on the North American market.
The Director of Sales will have primary responsibility for building and enhancing the client sales pipeline within Offsetters. Working closely with the CEO and the VP Sales and Marketing, the Director of Sales will be responsible for undertaking sales research, identifying and making contact with target customers, and delivering customer presentations on the full range of services Offsetters provides.
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Director of Sales with an extensive network and a proven track record, as well as good foundations in technical sales in carbon and sustainability.
You will work as part of a broader marketing and client and engagement team and will be able to draw on the company’s experience delivering full carbon and sustainability management services to a diverse array of customers. Our client base includes over 100 leading companies in North America.
- Identifying, qualifying and developing relationships with voluntary offset and carbon management solution buyers through use of business and social networks, events and contacts
- Negotiating and closing integrated carbon management solutions and offset sales
- Representing the company at relevant conferences across North America, particularly in target markets in Vancouver, Toronto, Quebec, Alberta and California.
- Sales, marketing or business development background with experience in longer sales cycle processes and track record of successfully closing deals
- Experience working in a consultative manner to understand client needs and provide solutions
- Understanding of climate change and sustainability issues and the benefits for organizations to develop comprehensive carbon management and programs including the use of carbon offsets
- Outstanding verbal and presentation skills
- Strong sales, negotiation and closing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Minimum eight years of relevant experience in sales
- Sales or business development experience in one or more of these domains: carbon credits, sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility consulting, software or related fields with an emphasis on long cycle technical sales
- Previous experience with carbon offset sales and carbon management software
- Bilingual: French and English
- Knowledge and understanding of the voluntary carbon markets and the key factors driving offset purchaser requirements
- Ability to articulate and demonstrate the benefits of lifecycle inventories, environmental reporting and carbon neutral products
For more information about this position, click here