- Perform specialist advice and international research studies on the adaptation of water management to climate change, flood risk management and disaster risk reduction;
- Develop, acquire and implement projects in this field, both in the Netherlands, Europe and abroad;
- Liaise with knowledge institutes, private sector, governance and financing institutes as required, both nationally and internationally;
- Strengthen the positioning of Deltares in this field in international networks and strategic partnerships.
- You have a MSc or PhD in a relevant field (e.g. hydrology, civil engineering or physical geography);
- You have a minimum of 10 year international experience in the field of water management and an extensive network in your field, nationally and internationally;
- You have a strong affinity to knowledge transfer and business development, and a track record in writing international proposals, in project development and in project implementation;
- You are a team player and also able to work individually, you are willing to travel and work abroad temporarily;
- You have excellent communication skills and are fluent in English, experience in working with other cultures is an asset, and so is knowledge of the French, Spanish or Portuguese language.
The unit Scenarios and Policy Analysis is one of the seven units of Deltares. Our unit aims at developing methods and applying knowledge and expertise in policy development, regional processes, adaptive water management and innovation. In our unit approximately 80 persons are employed. The unit is located in Delft and Utrecht.
One of the unit’s four sections is ‘Climate adaptation and risk management’. This section focusses on adaptive delta management under the uncertainty of climate change, and the management of floods and extreme events as to contribute to disaster risk reduction, both in the Netherlands and abroad.
We offer you an interesting and challenging job in a dynamic international environment.
You will be part of a team of advisors and researchers who work in close cooperation with each other. You will have an active role in the development of your job responsibilities. Your personal and professional development is essential and is supported by training facilities and ample space for curriculum building. The position will be based in Delft.
For more information on the above vacancy you may contact Cees van de Guchte, head of the section ‘Climate adaptation and risk management’, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone: +31 6 1032 6067.
More information here.