South Pole Carbon is an energetic, international company focusing on growing new products and solutions to improve the state of the climate and environment. With 13 offices around the globe and operations in more than 20 countries, the company enables the implementation and operation of high-quality emission-reduction projects that address climate change and sustainable development.Ã‚Â Our mission is to inspire and enable our customers to create value from environmental and social sustainability.
Market-based approaches to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions have emerged as crucial instruments of international and national climate policy. In addition, the Warsaw COP outcomes on REDD concluded on a long-lasting framework for REDD MRV and finance. As such there is a strong need for policy formulation, decision making support, development of baselines, NAMA ideas and implementation, ETS’s including forest carbon activities and LED, and schemes supporting the development of program or project portfolios.
With 13 offices on five continents, a renowned track record for implementation of GHG mitigation activities in more than 25 countries and extensive experience with consultancy services, South Pole is well positioned to contribute to the carbon markets of tomorrow.
- Generation of business opportunities and acquisition of consultancy mandates in the area of REDD Monitoring, REDD MRV systems, Jurisdictional REDD program
- development, land based NAMAs, nature and species conservation and land based mitigation project development
- Preparation and submission of proposals in reaction to public tenders or proactively through own initiatives, in order to meet or exceed agreed business development targets.
- Leading assignment-specific teams composed of internal and external experts and organizations
- Liaison and communication with clients and at conferences and other relevant networking events
- Support to South Pole Carbon’s forestry project department in technical work and occasional support of marketing and sales of forest carbon credits.
- Work for and together with relevant industry associations.
Qualifications & Experience
- An university degree, ideally in Forestry, Engineering, Environmental Science, Geoecology, Geography, Economics or related disciplines
- Excellent oral and written command of English (other language skills, especially French, Bahasa Indonesia, Spanish or Portuguese are an advantage)
- Well-networked with multilateral agencies, NGOs or donors in the field of REDD readiness, NAMAs, JNRs REDD and project development.
- At least five years of relevant experience in project management and consultancy positions
- An understanding of Forest Biometrics and MRV, strong understanding of REDD and land use policy and finance, existing and emerging market-based GHG mitigation instruments and concepts.
- Extensive project management, proposal writing and presentation skills
- sense to be able to identify and seize opportunities in a challenging and competitive market environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to act as a team leader in a multicultural environment
- Diligent, reliable and independent approach work
Please send your CV and cover letter to Daniel Egli,firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women are encouraged to apply.
South Pole Carbon Asset Management Ltd.
email@example.com Ã‚Â· www.southpolecarbon.com