ICF International (NASDAQ:ICFI) partners with government and commercial clients to deliver professional services and technology solutions in the energy and climate change; environment and infrastructure; health, human services, and social programs; and homeland security and defense markets. The firm combines passion for its work with industry expertise and innovative analytics to produce compelling results throughout the entire program life cycle, from research and analysis through implementation and improvement. Since 1969, ICF has been serving government at all levels, major corporations, and multilateral institutions. More than 3,700 employees serve these clients worldwide. ICF’s Web site isÃ‚Â www.icfi.com
ICF’s Energy, Environment & Transportation group offers results and solutions to a broad range of clients in the energy industry in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. We have advised both private and public sector clients in all facets of the energy industry for more than 30 years. ICF International provides a portfolio of strategy, analysis, advisory services, and implementation tools to clients in the energy sector. Long recognized for innovative solutions, ICF International’s combination of strategic, policy, risk management, market, and industry expertise enables us to advise clients from the inception of their business plan through the delivery of services to their customers.
ICF has helped dozens of the world’s largest utilities, industrial companies, and governments develop integrated, strategic approaches to addressing climate change. We identify significant risks and opportunities from carbon policies throughout the value chain and develop creative and economical solutions, often saving millions of dollars. ICF is a leader in providing services associated with climate legislative analysis; product lifecycle assessments; carbon footprint and CO2Ã‚Â reduction strategies; emissions trading and offsets; clean-tech and Clean Development Mechanism opportunities; and corporate strategy for climate change. ICF has an international reputation in the field of climate change for our analytical rigor, in-depth market expertise, and technical integrity through scores of assignments.
To support our growth we seek a Senior Associate to work in our Climate Change and Sustainability Division. The Senior Associate will contribute to the development of innovative, accurate, timely, and high quality products and services. Senior Associates at ICF International have an opportunity to apply their academic knowledge, professional experience, project management skills, while interacting with experts and clients in the field. At ICF, Senior Associates enhance their content knowledge and consulting skills. This position will be located full-time at a Federal client site in Indianapolis, IN.
- Solving quantitative and qualitative problems
- Assisting with utility data collection, analysis, and entry
- Developing and performing processes to control quality of data entered
- Analyzing facility energy consumption and utility information and determining measures to reduce costs as a mid-level utility analyst
- Managing large energy databases
- Coordinating lower-level staff in day-to-day management of energy databases
- Interacting with federal clients on a daily basis
- Assisting ICF on-site management with managerial and coordination tasks as requested
- Keeping informed of government agency regulations and requirements
- Activities will include close coordination with ICF staff in Washington, DC, and occasional travel between Indianapolis, IN and Washington, DC
- Master’s Degree (minimum GPA of 3.0) in Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Environmental Policy, or related subjects
- 5+ years of experience with energy issues
- Ability to pass a background check for onsite work at a government facility
- Interest in environmental issues, climate change, and energy
- Familiarity with electric, gas, and water utility operations and rate structures
- Basic understanding of common energy-using systems in the built environment
- Certified Energy Manager (AEE) accreditation
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for a senior management team
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors at the client’s site
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Demonstrated quantitative and/or modeling skills
- Computer proficiency (MS Access or SQL programming experience a plus)
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF International is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/D/V
For a listing of other career opportunities at ICF, please visit our Career Center atÃ‚Â www.icfi.com/careers/