About the Organization
Starling Resources, an Indonesia-based consulting group, is committed to addressing economic, social, and environmental issues related to managing and conserving natural resources in Indonesia and throughout the Asia Pacific. Starling serves a range of clients in the public and private sectors, including leading development banks, multilateral organizations, foundations, NGOs, and for-profit companies.
Starling utilizes its extensive experience to analyze, design, and implement programs of work across four areas: conservation, carbon and climate, community development, and corporate sustainability.
Starling Resources seeks a Senior Associate to support its growing work in the area of conservation finance. The Associate will be responsible for analyzing natural resource use and conservation policies, designing financial models and financing mechanisms, and developing strategic and business plans to facilitate sustainable natural resource use and conservation. Projects the Senior Associate might lead include the following:
- Developing business plans and financing strategies for protected areas, national parks and conservation trust funds
- Managing the development of cost & revenue models/tools for conservation initiatives
- Designing broad governance, policy, and public expenditure analyses and initiatives to strengthen conservation efforts within a national context
- Assessing the effectiveness of conservation initiatives
The successful candidate will have experience in finance, management consulting, and/or policy analysis and an interest in conservation, sustainable development, and natural resource management. The position is based in Bali, Indonesia, and requires travel throughout the Asia Pacific region (>30% time).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Associate will perform the following and other duties as assigned:
- Develop, implement, and manage aspects of our conservation analysis work across the Asia Pacific region.
- Develop tools and services to offer a growing number of clients, especially environmentally focused foundations, government agencies, nonprofits, and private companies.
- Work closely with the firm’s Managing Partner on the firm’s business development efforts.
- Manage staff and external partners.
- Participate in and plan meetings and regional workshops.
- Support other, related projects, as needed.
The successful applicant will have the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences degree required, preferably in a field related to policy, economics, or finance—advanced degree desirable
- Fluency in English required, skills in additional languages (Spanish, French, or Indonesian) desirable
- At least five years experience as an analyst/associate with a major management consulting or financial services firm, multilateral institution, or venture capital firm
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proven ability to write clear, concise reports/briefings in English
- Presentation and project management skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work with a variety of partners and cultures
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Willingness to live in Indonesia
- Previous experience in Asia, especially Indonesia, useful
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Compensation and Benefits
The position is located in Bali, Indonesia, and will remain open until filled. Starling Resources offers a competitive benefits and salary package that is commensurate with experience.
To be considered for this position, interested candidates must follow the link below to submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements. Inquiries received via phone call or direct email will not be eligible for review.