Greenpeace has a proud history to shift global corporations towards a more sustainable path, from getting Apple to eliminate toxic chemicals to making Nestle cut ties to rainforest destroyers for their palm oil. As economic power is shifting globally, our campaign success increasingly depends on us making a difference to the corporate sector in countries such as China or India. We are therefore seeking two senior business advisors to develop corporate campaign strategies on emerging corporate players and powerful state-owned corporations from emerging economies and to help us analyse trade and investment patterns among emerging economies.
Greenpeace is committed to increasing its corporate campaigning and to build its capacity to affect real and lasting change in key emerging economies. In order to do so, these business advisors, who will be based in Hong Kong, will add expertise on emerging corporations and state-owned enterprises in emerging economies. The advisors will also help us analyze investment flows among emerging economies, especially China and India. The initial focus is on Asia, as mandated by the Global Resource plan, and the work plan will focus on existing campaigns in the Global Programme where our research has identified corporations headquartered in emerging economies as key actors. The business advisors will work closely with Greenpeace staff in China, India and other emerging economies to further campaign objectives and organizational goals.
- Develop and implement plans and tools to increase Greenpeace’s capacity to influence corporate players in emerging economies in order to achieve campaign objectives and organizational goals.
- Develop and maintain contacts with emerging corporate players as well as powerful state-owned corporations based in Asia (in cooperation with relevant offices in Asia)..
- Represent Greenpeace at key business fora and in meetings with key corporate players.
- Investigate value chains of corporations in emerging economies, including state-owned companies, in order to identify leverage points for Greenpeace
- Monitor and analyse corporations in emerging economies, including state-owned companies, to identify opportunities for Greenpeace interventions.
- Ensure the integration of an understanding of corporations in emerging economies, including state-owned companies, into GreenpeaceÃ‚Â´s global corporate campaigns.
- Analyze investment flows between emerging economies relevant to global Greenpeace campaigns in order to identify leverage points for Greenpeace.
Ã‚Â Skills and qualifications:Ã‚Â
- Excellent understanding of state and corporate relations in emerging countries, with at least 4 years of professional experience.
- Expertise in analysis, writing and research.
- Ability to clearly formulate and present facts and arguments.
- Willingness to travel
- Previous knowledge and experience of working in or on the corporate sector in an emerging economy
- Experience of communicating at high level political meetings and with CorporateÃ‚Â Executives.
- Fluency in spoken and written in English. Mandarin or Hindi an asset.
- High motivation combined with a deep personal belief in Greenpeace aims and values.
If you are interested in the position please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before January 15th 2012.