Chemonics seeksÃ‚Â a seniorÃ‚Â climate change and research advisor for the ongoing USAID-funded Rwanda LAND Project. The advisor will support programming and climate change adaptation activities related to land use and management. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Work with local research organizations to build capacity to design and implement rigorous empirical research
- Use research to develop coherent policy recommendations
- Forge linkages between research organizations, the Rwandan government, and civil society
- Work with theÃ‚Â government and other land sector stakeholders in Rwanda to set a common national land research agenda and plan workshops, partnerships, and training to implement it
- Advanced university degree in social science,Ã‚Â environmental or natural resource economics, natural resource management,Ã‚Â rural sociology, or other relevant field required;Ã‚Â Ph.D. degreeÃ‚Â preferred,Ã‚Â or significant empirical research experience
- Experience carrying out research on climate change adaptation, preferably related to land use, planning, and management
- Minimum eightÃ‚Â years of research experience applying state-of-the-art quantitative and qualitative research methods, including mixed methods on land issues, natural resource management, or climate change
- Project management and supervisory experience
- Experience developing training materials and teaching or training others in effective research methods
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English
More information here.