MGM Innova is a multinational corporation that specializes in integrated sustainability and climate change services that facilitate a transition towards a low carbon economy. The company’s Mission is to design, develop and implement innovative solutions to help public and private clients incorporate sustainable and low carbon practices in their products, services, overall business strategy and operations. Having worked on more than 400 projects in 35 countries around the word, MGM Innova offers unparalleled expertise in generating the solutions required to enable its clients to build a sustainable business and to mitigate and adapt to the effects of climate change.
The Role: MGM Innova is seeking a Senior Climate Change Professional with experience in Low Emissions Development (LEDS), climate change mitigation and adaptation projects, energy efficiency and sustainability management to support the Company’s project delivery team.
The successful candidate can be based either in our Miami or Medellin offices and will provide support for project work throughout Latin America. This position will report to the SVP Operations.
The successful candidate will have strong technical and management skills, and will be responsible for managing and developing emission reduction projects, low emission development strategies, emission baseline studies, MAC curves, GHG inventories, NAMAs (National Appropriate Mitigation Actions), carbon neutrality strategies, carbon lifecycle analysis, energy efficiency projects, sustainability planning and water footprinting, among others. The successful candidate will be expected provide leadership to intermediate and junior level technical staff. In addition, the candidate is also expected to have an established network of clients and technical resources and ability to generate business opportunities.
- Advanced graduate degree (minimum M.Sc.) in environmental sciences or engineering with a minimum of 10 years of experience in consulting or related industry. Academic experience only is not acceptable.
- Extensive understanding of environmental management and sustainability including emissions, climate change, water and wastewater, waste, socioeconomics, environmental monitoring, etc.
- Experience in the development and management of climate change, low emission development, energy efficiency and emission reduction project and programs.
- Demonstrated experience in the basics of financial modeling and analysis of climate change and environmental projects.
- Demonstrated ability to lead field programs and supervise junior staff and subcontractors
- Existing network of clients and technical resources in Latin America.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to provide senior review
- Proficiency in Spanish and English is mandatory (Portuguese is highly desirable)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Advanced Excel skills is a must)
- Experience working in different countries and cultures
- Availability to travel (expected travel amount 10% to 20% of the working time)
- Client Service Management and Sales skills
Qualified candidates shall submit resumes with salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact info: Patricia Rosenfeld
Read more http://www.mgminnova.com/careers3.htm