Over the past decade, market-based approaches to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions haveÃ‚Â emerged as crucial instruments of international climate change policy. Global carbon markets are currentlyÃ‚Â undergoing a period of rapid change, with several new market mechanisms emerging on a regional levelÃ‚Â in developed as well as emerging economies, while a successor to the Kyoto protocol is being negotiatedÃ‚Â at the global level.Ã‚Â
With 13 offices on five continents, a renowned track record for implementation of GHG mitigation activitiesÃ‚Â in more than 25 countries and extensive experience with consultancy services, South Pole Carbon is wellÃ‚Â positioned to contribute to the carbon markets of tomorrow.
Within this context, our rapidly growing New Carbon Markets Unit is currently looking for a SeniorÃ‚Â Consultant to join the team.
- Planning, coordination and management of consultancy assignments related to analysis, design,Ã‚Â implementation and capacity building activities within the context of market-based GHG mitigationÃ‚Â instruments and aspects thereof (including but not limited to Nationally Appropriate MitigationÃ‚Â Actions (NAMAs), New Market Mechanisms, Domestic Emission Trading Schemes, SectoralÃ‚Â
- Approaches, Monitoring-Reporting & Verification (MRV) systems)Ã‚Â
- Leading of assignment-specific teams composed of internal and external experts andÃ‚Â organisations
- Liaison with clients
- Generation of business opportunities and acquisition of consultancy mandates through theÃ‚Â preparation and submission of proposals in reaction to public tenders or proactively through ownÃ‚Â initiatives
- Involvement in strategic development and knowledge management within the New CarbonÃ‚Â Markets unit
- An university degree, ideally in environmental science, engineering and/or economics
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in project management and consultancy positions
- Proven knowledge and relevant network in the fields of climate policy, existing and emergingÃ‚Â market-based GHG mitigation instruments and concepts (see above), renewable energy and/orÃ‚Â energy efficiency
- Excellent oral and written command of English (other language skills are an advantage)
- Extensive project management, proposal writing and presentation skills;
- Commercial skills and good business sense to be able to identify and seize opportunities in aÃ‚Â challenging and competitive market environment;
- Strong analytical skills,
- Ability to act as a team leader in a multicultural environment
- Diligent, reliable and independent approach to work
Deadline: Open until filled. Please send your CV and cover letter to Mr Daniel Egli at email@example.com.
Read more about the position here.Ã‚Â