Senior Forestry/Carbon Expert (Miami, Medellin, Mexico City or SÃƒÂ£o Paulo) – MGM Innova
MGM Innova is seeking a senior professional with background in forestry, agronomy, biology or relevant and applicable science background with proven experience in GHG inventories, carbon sequestration, development and implementation of REDD+ projects and knowledge about different standards applicable to carbon projects, to lead the company’s forestry practice and support other practices.
The successful candidate will have strong technical and management skills, and will be responsible for managing and developing carbon forestry projects, as well as for supporting the company’s project delivery team in the development low emission development strategies, emission baseline studies, sustainability planning, GHG inventories, NAMAs (National Appropriate Mitigation Actions), carbon neutrality strategies and carbon lifecycle analysis among others. In addition, the candidate will be expected to provide leadership to intermediate and junior level technical staff.
The successful candidate can be based in one of our offices in Mexico City, Medellin, Miami or SÃƒÂ£o Paulo and will provide support for project work throughout Latin America. This position will report to the VP of Global Operations.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Advanced graduate degree (minimum M.Sc.) related to forestry, agronomy, biology or similar with a minimum of 10 years of experience in consulting or industry
- Extensive understanding of climate change issues, carbon markets and mechanisms, forestry protocols and methodologies such as REDD+, CCBA, CDM, VCS, CAR, etc.
- Experience in carbon stock calculation and modeling, development of baseline studies, GHG inventories and the development / implementation of REDD+ projects is a must
- Demonstrated ability to lead field programs and supervise junior staff and subcontractors
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to provide senior review
- Experience working in different countries and cultures
- Availability to travel
- Client service management and sales skills
- Proficiency in Spanish and English (Portuguese is a plus)
Qualified candidates should submit resumes with salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org