- Identify and lead development of new products to facilitate scaling of investments in low-carbon/climate-friendly sectors on a global basis;
- Develop transaction structures that leverage IFC’s value added proposition in conjunction with external private sector sources, as well as donor agencies;
- Execute an effective work program including identifying, structuring, negotiating, and closing pilot transactions for new products in a lead role;
- Build and maintain strong internal and external client and partner relationships;
- Interact directly and independently with the senior management of private sector institutions, financial and technical partners as well as senior government officials;
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with IFC investment departments, special product groups, other financial institutions, multilaterals, and government agencies;
- Contribute to knowledge management activities that help disseminate new ideas and products and support creative approaches that accelerate IFC’s objectives for climate change;
- Function effectively in a matrix organization structure, including developing global expertise while acquiring familiarity with regional approaches.
- MBA or equivalent qualification and at least 10 years experience with a proven track record of sourcing, structuring and executing transactions based on innovation and new product development;
- Strong track record of negotiating and rolling out complex transactions including those involving capital markets/use of structured finance products. Experience in structuring and executing tiered-capital vehicles, structured notes, hybrid securities, insurance and credit-enhancement related structures, asset-backed bonds and other complex capital market transactions, including securitizations will be valued. Lack of significant project finance experience will not be a constraint for the right candidate;
- Good understanding of energy and/or environmental finance markets is desirable.
- Willingness and perseverance to draw on diverse, cross-sectoral teams to develop new products addressing complex climate change issues;
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills to develop cooperative working relationships;
- Excellent speaking and written communication skills in English
- Genuine commitment to sustainable development and maintaining highest ethical standards;
- Willingness to travel.
Read more about the position here.