Ã‚Â Working with the Director – Carbon Investment Management, you will be responsible to build and manage a portfolio of carbon credits generated under the CDM.
- Selecting and assessing CDM/JI-projects in line with the investment policy of the portfolio
- Quoting of prices and price structures for forward contracts (ERPAs)
- Negotiating terms and conditions of ERPAs in cooperation with the carbon credit sourcing team
- Aggregating project related information and preparing decision memos
- Preparing Term Sheets and ERPAs in cooperation with the legal and sourcing teams
- Supervising and checking risk assessments, due diligence procedures as well as results before and after closing deals
- Representing First Climate as Investment Advisor in decision making bodies of the portfolio, preparing decisions in line with investment policies and constitutional documents, preparation and post-processing of meetings with decision making bodies and investors
- Monitoring performance of contracted projects in cooperation with the sourcing team
- Contributing to regular and ad hoc reporting to investors, authorities, auditors and media
- Performing related administrative tasks relating to CDM/JI-procedures and portfolio management
- Supporting carbon credit sales activities
You are proficient in English and have knowledge of at least another language (in particular: Spanish, Portuguese, French and/or German). Highly self-motivated and driven with excellent communication and negotiation skills, you bring an entrepreneurial spirit to all of your tasks. An in-depth understanding of the Carbon Market, the European Emission Trading Scheme as well as experience in sourcing or negotiating CDM/JI-project ERPAs are an absolute MUST. Basic knowledge of portfolio management theory and/or practice is an advantage. You are well trained to work under pressure with diligence, accuracy, reliability and integrity.