Point Carbon is looking to strengthen its carbon analysis group by adding a Senior Analyst to its Carbon department. Point Carbon provides analysis on the global carbon market and international climate policy, including European emissions trading, North American emissions trading markets and global project based investments through CDM, JI and other offset mechanisms. Point Carbon’s analysis is provided through web-based market-leading analysis tools which are subscribed to by the vast majority of companies actively participating in the carbon market. In order to strengthen our market focus we are looking for a candidate with experience from a traded market, with excellent analytical and communication skills (both written and oral). Market knowledge and experience from the carbon market is not a requirement, but an advantage.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Follow and analyse all aspects of the global carbon market; EUETS, CDM/JI, US cap and trade, emerging emission trading schemes
- Daily market analysis/commentary and research
- Further development of the carbon market services
- Communication with clients and market participants
- Participate in sales processes and presentations and marketing
- 3-5 years of experience as an analyst or trader from traded markets
- Master degree in finance, economics or mathematics with strong academic records
- Outstanding analytical skills, with an innovative and creative spirit
- Committed, structured, hands-on and reliable
- Experience in project management
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Fluent English, we welcome candidates with multi-lingual skills
- Competitive salary and participation in our bonus program
- Participation in the world’s largest team of independent carbon analysts
- Regular contact with our client base, major power companies, oil & gas, financial institutions
- A challenging and fun working environment
This position is based in Oslo or Washington DC, please state preference when applying.
To apply for the position, please send your application and resume to Tiril Borge.
Start date: as soon as possible