The Center for Clean Air Policy (CCAP) is recruiting a Senior Policy Analyst based in Washington, D.C. Ã‚Â Since 1985, CCAP has been a recognized world leader in climate and air quality policy and is the only independent, non-profit think-tank working exclusively on those issues at the local, national and international levels. CCAP helps policymakers around the world to develop, promote and implement innovative, market-based solutions to major climate, air quality and energy problems that balance both environmental and economic interests. CCAP is a collegial, non-hierarchical organization known for its emphasis on cutting edge analyses, productive policy dialogues, and on the ground delivery of transformative policy programs and projects. This is a unique opportunity for the right person to make a significant contribution to achieving pragmatic and effective policy change on the ground in a variety of policy environments around the world.
CCAP is seeking a proactive, creative policy thinker with outstanding analytic ability, well developed people skills, and experience putting together successful policy initiatives on the ground. The Senior Policy Analyst will be an integral part of CCAPÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Mitigation Action Implementation Network (MAIN) initiative, which seeks to catalyze the development of win-win climate change mitigation and sustainable development policies in developing countries in Latin America and Asia. The Senior Analyst will be responsible for leading the development and financing of climate mitigation actions, and directing analyses to design low carbon climate strategies for developing countries with a primary focus in Latin America. S/he will also contribute to CCAPÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s thought leadership on climate policy in international forums, such as the UNFCCC and the Green Climate Fund. Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing and directing technical, economic and policy analyses on climate mitigation strategies in developing countries in collaboration with host country decision makers and key stakeholders
- Engaging international, regional, and national development banks and public and private financial institutions in financing Ã‚Â transformational mitigation programs and projects
- Helping to develop and write CCAPÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s positions on international climate policy and climate finance
- Representing CCAP at international conferences
- Fundraising and strategic planning for the program.
- The expected salary range is $90,000-$120,000, commensurate with experience.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience conducting technical, economic and policy analyses with a view to designing a comprehensive project proposal or business plan with minimal oversight. In addition, s/he will have an in-depth understanding of current international climate policy issues as well as strong management, analytic and communication skills.
Qualified candidates should possess many of the following attributes and experiences:
- 6-10 years of demonstrated experience conducting technical, economic and policy analyses with a view to designing a comprehensive project proposal or business plan with minimal oversight is required;
- Proven ability to engage with high-level officials from governments, financial institutions and the private sector;
- In-depth knowledge of current international climate policy issues and knowledge of mitigation actions in the energy (including renewable energy and energy efficiency), waste, and transport sectors. In addition, knowledge of various financing alternatives, trends in international finance and solutions to overcome specific financial barriers and/or influence policy barriers desirable;
- Experience working in Latin America and/or Asia;
- Experience managing people on analytic and development projects;
- Superior quantitative skills, oral and written communication skills in English with the ability to write for both policy and analytic audiences;
- Fluency in Spanish a plus;
- MasterÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s degree in public policy, environmental economics, business, finance or related field;
- Ability to travel internationally up to 30% for periods of up to 2 weeks at a time;
- The flexibility and proven ability to be a team player in a collaborative environment;
- Strong people skills including a sense of humor, adaptability, humility and creativity.
Read more about the positionÃ‚Â here.