Sales Manager (based in Zurich)
• Sale activities globally, including coordinating with the marketing team and with regional offices on the project side
• Acquisition of new customers for Voluntary Emission Reductions (VERs) offsetting
• Negotiating terms and contracts
• Engaging in marketing of South Pole’s projects, and communicating their sustainability benefits to potential buyers
Qualifications & Experience
• Strong successful sales background with ideally 1-2 year experience in the carbon markets
• Very good team skills, interpersonal and communication skills, ability to manage work effectively and to prioritize tasks, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent knowledge of voluntary markets and
• Strong negotiation skills and track records in structuring sales contracts
• Master degree in environmental studies, economics or engineering, preferably with a focus on Climate Policy/Carbon markets.
• A dynamic, hard-working mentality and a desire to be involved in a fast-paced international environment and be a commercial success.
• Fluent in English. Knowledge of German is a plus.
South Pole offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits / boni related to your qualifications, experience, and performance. If you are interested in joining a young and international team looking to make a difference to the world we would be happy to hear from you!
Please apply latest by August 2, 2011.
Please send your CV to Michael Tournier, Sales Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +41 43 501 3550
Senior carbon consultant based in Zurich (or in another office)
Reporting to the CEO you will be responsible for:
Ã‚Â· Strategic positioning of South Pole’s consulting practice
Ã‚Â· Acquisition and management of consulting mandates
Ã‚Â· Coordinating our global consulting activities / coaching regional directors on regional consulting mandates
Qualifications and experience
Ã‚Â· A degree in (environmental) science/engineering, economics or other relevant field
Ã‚Â· At least 4 years of work experience as a consultant (ideally in the field of carbon policy and strategy)
Ã‚Â· In-depth experience in flexible market-mechanisms
Ã‚Â· Experience authoring CDM methodologies
Ã‚Â· Passionate about the future of carbon markets
Ã‚Â· Excellent team leader in a multicultural environment
Ã‚Â· Demonstrated entrepreneurial ability
Ã‚Â· Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
Ã‚Â· Ability to manage own work effectively and prioritize tasks
Ã‚Â· Good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
Ã‚Â· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Salary and Benefits
South Pole offers performance related bonuses, excellent benefits and a competitive salary related to your qualifications and experience.
Please apply to Zoe Gehring:Ã‚Â email@example.com
Phone: +41 43 501 35 50