The Junior Specialist in Environmental Economics & Regulation will be responsible for developing research papers, workshops and reports in order to foster the implementation of a national new vehicles’ fuel efficiency standard through the design and architecture of a cap & trade market. The cap & trade market to be developed aims to attain the biggest environmental benefits at the least social cost. The Junior Specialist in Environmental Economics & Climate Change is a member of the Environmental Economics & Regulation Department and will assist the Head of the Department
- Assist the Head of the Environmental Economics & Regulation Department
- Develop quantitative papers to back up proposed regulations and economic instruments for transport demand management
- Perform exploratory research, quantitative and empirical surveys
- Assist in the development of workshops and periodical work sessions with stakeholders to promote regulations
- Database mining and indicators development
- Serve as a link with the Center’s Communications Department and develop articles and notes that would help promote the implementation.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience, preference for 3-5 years
- B.A. in Economics, Finance, Environmental Economics, Mathematics or other fields related to the job accountabilities; Masters preferred.
- Interest in environmental and development economics, public policy, environment and energy.
- Previous experience with emission estimation and economic impact analysis.
- Further experience in carbon market development, regulation and design is preferred.
- Strong investigation and analytical abilities, writing and communication skills
- Fluency in English and Spanish required
- International experience a plus
Please send a resume and cover letter of no more than 400 words to M. Ph. Jorge Macias at firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter should explain:
1) your interest in CTS-Mexico,
2) your interest in the position,
3) what are you uniquely offering to contribute to the position, and
4) your salary aspirations.
Read more about the position here.Ã‚Â