Start Date: Immediately
Duration: Full-time, 2-3 months
Location: Washington, DC, USA
Reporting to: Chief Program Officer, Program Manager
The Verified Carbon Standard (VCS) and the associated VCS Program were launched in November 2007 and are now well established among the leading global greenhouse gas (GHG) standards and programs in the voluntary carbon market. Our primary objective is to bring standardization, transparency and credibility to the voluntary carbon market. Increasingly, we are generating lessons and providing inputs for compliance regimes emerging worldwide.
The Summer Intern will be responsible for assisting VCS in a number of areas. Principal tasks and responsibilities will include, at a minimum, the following:
- Conduct research to support VCS policy outreach, including Ã‚Â reviews of draft regulations issued by compliance regimes, analysis of regulatory requirements;
- Draft summaries of legislative and regulatory proposals;
- Conduct background research on key VCS initiatives such as the new VCS project pipeline;
- Assist program development and program management teams, including research and input into on-going work on new tools and guidelines.
Required Skills, Knowledge and ExperienceÃ‚Â
- Good knowledge of the voluntary and regulated carbon markets, with relevant course experience.
- Demonstrated ability to research technical topics related to carbon accounting and environmental policy.
- Excellent technical writing and oral communication skills.
- Sharp analytical mind, with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task on issues of substance.
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative.
- Professional approach and demeanor.
- Good organizational, communication, interpersonal and team skills.
Terms and Conditions
A stipend is available and other terms and conditions will be discussed during the application process. Applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Applicants are requested to submit the following documents:
- Cover letter (not to exceed one page).
- Resume/CV (not to exceed two pages).
Applicants are asked to submit their application to email@example.com by close of business 27 June 2012.