At PwC US, you will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. We offer a flexible career progression model that allows for a variety of challenging opportunities throughout your career. We provide unparalleled coaching, mentoring, and career development programs; global opportunities; and state of the art technology-driven methodologies to help you provide quality service to our clients.
Our Assurance practice collaborates with clients, so that the financial information they report to the investing public and other stakeholders is clear and reliable. When we fulfill our role as Assurance professionals, by standing firm on quality and integrity, we have a direct impact on how well the world’s capital market system functions.
The highly trained and educated Assurance teams go inside companies, and get to know those businesses. They ask questions, test assumptions, and provide assurance that the companies are reporting information on which investors and others can rely. Every assignment is an exciting opportunity to learn, to grow and to understand how businesses operate from all levels and perspectives.
Our Assurance professionals are constantly challenged to learn more in order to provide our clients with the highest quality services. This learning takes place through interaction on the job with colleagues and clients, formal training programs, and the insights provided by mentors and coaches. PwC is all about our people, encouraging high performance and quality. Join us and we will help you implement a successful career strategy, as you explore the many career opportunities in PwC Assurance.
PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is the world’s leading network of audit and assurance firms our clients include almost half of the Fortune 500. Our leading edge audit approach focused on quality is designed to meet the needs of private companies to large organizations. The PwC audit is underpinned by our deep industry knowledge, wide international experience and global network of skilled professionals.
Sustainability and Climate Change has moved solidly onto the CEO/C-suite agenda and governing bodies, including the current administration, creating the opportunity to link it with core business strategy through cost reduction, revenue enhancement and preparing for compliance with new regulations. In many industries, risks and opportunities associated with climate change and other environmental and social issues are significant and, in some cases, material. A systematic approach to identifying and analyzing risks and opportunities, developing strategies to capture the associated value, and implementing those strategies with good business processes can create measurable financial value. PwC is uniquely positioned to take advantage due to its extensive global cross Line of Service network and deep subject matter knowledge in key sustainable business solution areas.
Service offerings include:
- Sustainability & Climate Change strategy: Building consensus and embedding a carbon/sustainability strategy into the organization; conducting and providing results on gap analyses–strategy and standard industry practices–assessing risks related to climate change, measuring emissions and managing carbon in the business
- Reporting: environmental footprint assessments, reporting guidance, technology consulting services
- Performance improvement and/or managing carbon in the supply chain: Risk assessment tools; due diligence guides; carbon footprinting and mitigation; lifecycle analysis; supply chain; stakeholder engagement; and/or the maximization of benefits in the supply chain around carbon reduction, integrating cost reduction and carbon goals
- Demonstrated thorough level of understanding and direct project management experience consulting on engagements in a professional business services environment related to sustainability and/or climate change, governance, risk and compliance, consulting strategy and/or information systems, which includes the following:
- Thorough knowledge of budgeting and forecasting on large engagements
- Thorough creative problem-solving ability and a consultancy mindset while working on, as well as proven considerable knowledge of researching problems and/or issues and developing and offering effective solutions for, business issues related to sustainability and climate change; and,
- Utilization of written and verbal business communication skills when interacting with clients and firm staff and/or management in a professional services business environment, including writing and presenting journal articles, practice methodologies, and/or whitepapers
- Demonstrated experience and willingness to travel extensively for business-related engagements, up to 100%
- Min Year Exp: 3 years of consulting experience with relevant industry and specific to sustainability/climate change experience, governance, risk and compliance, consulting strategy and/or information systems
- Min Degree(s) and Certifications