Face the Future is hiring a Team Leader and Senior Consultant Natural Resource Management (combined function) who will be primarily responsible for the management, strategy development and implementation of the Environmental Advisory unit and the Project Development unit, with a strong focus on business development.
- Further develop and implement the strategy for business opportunities for the Environmental Advisory unit and the Project Development unit.
- Create and build relationship with clients, partners, funders and investors, developing the consultancy business in the landscape development, forestry and climate change sector.
- Represent Face the Future in our business network and in conferences and workshops.
- Manage the team of NRM experts.
- Provide consultancy in the field of (carbon) forestry, PES and agroforestry.
- Access finance for PES and integrated landscape management projects, including forest carbon projects.
- Supervise the development of forest carbon projects and other PES projects.
- Academic degree (at least M.Sc.), preferably in forestry, Natural Resource Management or other relevant subject.
- A track record with at least 10 years of international experience in NRM and / or the climate change sector, of which at least 5 years at senior level.
- Excellent understanding of international forestry and climate change issues.
- Proven experience in managing a team and a demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and inspire others.
- Proven commercial skills and ability to build and manage client relationships.
- Ability to collaborate with a wide range of organisations at various levels.
- Access to a large, global and diverse network within the forestry and / or climate change sector.
- Experience as a consultant in the forestry and / or climate change sector.
- Experience with international tender procedures and proposal writing.
- Willingness to travel.
- Fluency in written and spoken English with Spanish and/or French language skills.
The application period closes on 8 November 2013.Ã‚Â
Read more about the position here