The Plan Vivo Foundation is currently seeking a part-time Technical Specialist to contribute to ongoing technical development as part of the launch of the Plan Vivo Standard 2013.
- Select and prepare approved approaches/methodologies for projects to use underÃ‚Â Plan Vivo Standard 2013;
- Lead the technical development of the Plan Vivo Foundation, by preparing guidanceÃ‚Â and tools for projects under Plan Vivo Standard 2013
- Coordinate and conduct technical reviews of project documents (Project DesignÃ‚Â Documents, technical specifications, and Project Idea Notes) against theÃ‚Â requirements of the Plan Vivo Standard 2013.
- Masters degree level in ecosystem services or a related discipline such asÃ‚Â environmental management, carbon management, agriculture or forestry.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a technical position (preferable in the fields ofÃ‚Â forestry, environment, international or rural development).
- Experience and expertise in designing, operating, auditing against or usingÃ‚Â environmental or social standards.
- Numerate and comfortable interpreting and evaluating quantitative and technical dataÃ‚Â (e.g. application of technical methodologies).
- Experience in developing countries would be an advantage.
- Good communication and computer skills.
- Language skills over and above English, particularly Spanish or French is desirable.
26 July 2013
Please send your CV and cover letter including indicative daily rates toÃ‚Â email@example.com.
Read more about the position here.Ã‚Â