- Analyzing data on carbon pollution from key industrial sectors and producing report that allows for easy comparisons among facilities and geographic areas. Ã‚Â The report’s format and analysis will be used as a template for similar reports in the future.
- Developing and implementing plans to publicize the report and promote the use of carbon pollution data. Ã‚Â Would involve working with outside organizations, including other environmental and public health groups.
- Researching, providing policy analysis and preparing briefing papers and other materials to support EDF’s defense and advancement of the nation’s clean air laws
- Preparing memos, reports, and fact sheets and outreach materials for legislators, decision-makers, and the publicÃ‚Â
- Researching legislative issues, monitoring congressional and other hearings, as necessary
- Preparing presentations, graphics, and databases/spreadsheetsÃ‚Â
- Bachelor’s degree or more in environmental and/or energy related field or public policy preferred. Ã‚Â Course work in statistics desirable
- Working knowledge of current issues relating to air quality and climate change; additional experience or knowledge of power companies/sector a plus.
- Exceptional personal organization and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and focus on long-term goals
- Results-oriented, self-starter with the ability to think strategically
14-16 weeks over the summer 2012
Read more about the position here.