At our administrative headquarters in Crassier, Switzerland.
Tasks and responsibilities
As Project Officer, you will work as part of our HQ Project Support Team that is responsible for the oversight of activities involving palm oil, pulp and paper, and other forest products, and liaises with our field teams in Asia.
Key tasks include
- General project management, monitoring and planning, and reporting;
- Oversee financial management and planning of project budgets and expenditure;
- General communications and client relations;
- Liaison with project field teams;
- Contribute to publications; reports, website, newsletters, studies;
- Conduct targeted research on priority new business areas as required;Prepare informational seminars and attend project meetings;
- Assist with business development and securing ongoing funding for projects.
Education, qualifications, skills, experience
- A university degree or higher level qualification in a field related to natural resource management;
- No less than 5 years solid relevant business experience, including some work in developing countries, part of which must have involved implementing field projects;
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary and multicultural team;
- Knowledge of palm oil and forest verification and certification is an advantage;
- Good understanding and high interest in environmental, and if possible, forest-related issues;
- Fluency in written and spoken English (other Asian languages will be an advantage);
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (xls, ppt, doc, etc.) a must;
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills;
- Able to handle multiple tasks and work autonomously;
- Flexibility, ability to show initiative and a positive attitude;
- Eager to continually learn and develop as part of a team.
Only candidates with Swiss nationality, Swiss C, B, or G working permits, or EC European nationality will be considered for this post.
What we offer
- Unique work experience in a fast-growing and dynamic charity directly impacting on the conservation of the world’s environment and climate change, through trade;
- A dynamic international environment with the chance to work in a multi-cultural team;
- Opportunity to gain advanced project management, client relations and business development skills, with exposure to many diverse tasks;
- Potential to travel to project sites – we are currently working in 10 countries across Asia, Africa and South America.
Please send your full CV and a letter of motivation in English toÃ‚Â firstname.lastname@example.org.Ã‚Â
Please indicate the Job Code HQPS0411 in the subject line of your email. The application deadline is 1 May 2011.
Initial screening of short-listed candidates will take place by telephone, followed by a group interview process for pre-selected candidates conducted in Switzerland, tentatively scheduled in early May 2011. The post will be filled immediately thereafter.
PROGRAMME MANAGER (RESPONSIBLE PRODUCT) based in our UK office
The Forest Trust is seeking an experienced and motivated professional, keen to secure a career within a dynamic charity seeking to bring Responsible Products to market. The successful candidate will have experience of supply chain management or procurement and will be numerate, articulate and organized.
The Forest Trust has been working with retailers and importers in Europe and Asia for 12 years and is currently seeking to recruit a Programme Manager based in the UK.
Responsible to: Director TFT
- Member Responsibility: Key contact between assigned Members and TFT
- Project/Programme Responsibility: Through internal liaison, ensuring delivery of client requirements in line with their expectations and those of TFT
- Developing Member-related communication tools and documents as required
TFT has a long track record of successfully assisting businesses to deliver Responsible Products to market. Our approach includes 5 key activities:
- Mapping the supply chain, identifying key social and environmental risks
- Setting up traceability systems all the way back to the raw material sources
- Providing technical assistance on the ground to help tackle key sustainability risks
- Achieving legal compliance and certification
- Communicating your changing product story to stakeholders
It is the responsibility of the Programme Manager to work with all assigned Members in pursuit of the above.
- Expected to travel within Europe and occasionally long-haul
- Required to devote as much of his/her time as may be reasonably necessary to fulfil the duties of his/her employment or as reasonably required, whether or not within office hours and without additional remuneration.
The post holder will be expected to use a laptop and company Virtual Private Network to store and retrieve Member information. Training will be provided.
- Salary dependent on experience, but competitive
- Pension Contributions
- Health Care
Place of Work
TFT Office in Southampton, UK
25 days paid leave per year based on average hours worked per week. TFT offices will be closed during the Christmas period and staff will be expected to use annual leave for this period.
Please email a C.V. with covering letter to Lindsey Malcom atÃ‚Â email@example.com
Closing date for applicants is Monday 16th May 2011
INTERN FOR THE UK OFFICE
With increasing staff working in Europe, Africa, Asia, North and South America, we are currently looking for an intern to join our office at the Chilworth Science Park in Southampton, Hampshire.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
The TFT Intern will support the Legality and Compliance Manager in preparing TFT Members for the EU Timber Regulations; and on Timber Trade Action Plan project activities.
The specific tasks will include:
Preparation for EU Timber Regulation:
- To develop country risk profiles on timber exporting countries
- To support harmonization of documents and procedures
Timber Trade Action Plan activities:
- To support Legality and Compliance Manager in managing Timber Trade Action Plan (TTAP) activities, such as developing Memoranda of Understanding and Letter of Engagements, keep partners up to date, respond to questions from field teams
- To support Legality and Compliance Manager in writing and editing reports on TTAP activities
- To provide support to the Legality and Compliance Manager in monitoring TTAP finances
- General administrative tasks as and when required
QUALIFICATION AND ABILITIES
- Graduate degree in environmental management, CSR or similar field
- Good understanding of environmental and if possible forest related issues
- Good working knowledge of MS Office Programmes
- Fast-learning, multi-tasking individual
- Ability to work independently
- Eager to learn and develop
WHAT WE OFFER
Unique work experience in a fast-growing and dynamic charity directly impacting on the conservation of the world’s environment and climate change, through trade.
International environment with the chance to gain an overview into project management with exposure to many different tasks.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 29 April 2011
STARTING DATE: May or June 2011
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS: English, French an advantage
TERM: 4-6 months
SALARY: 200GBP/week (paid monthly in arrears).
Please send your CV and a covering letter to Ms. Lindsey Malcom atÃ‚Â firstname.lastname@example.org.