Vice President of Operations
Global Footprint Network seeks a Vice President of Operations to shepherd this dynamic organization toward achieving its next level of impact. Global Footprint Network is looking for a mission-focused, seasoned, strategic, and process-minded leader with experience scaling an organization, leading a senior management team, and developing a team-oriented culture among a group of diverse, talented individuals.
The successful candidate will have the experience, integrity, and personal confidence to tap into the power that each member of the team brings to Global Footprint Network’s mission. While it is essential that the VP of Operations establish efficient and effective systems to increase the productivity of the organization, it is also critical that the team retain the entrepreneurial spark that has made Global Footprint Network so successful to date. The VP will report directly to the President.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead the management team and support department directors in achieving goals and targets.
- Act as a key contributor in the organization’s strategic planning process and oversee the development of plans for the organization’s initiatives, including funding plans and strategies for achieving success.
- Lead the organization’s day-to-day operations, driving performance and impact.
- Oversee departmental functions and facilitate cross-department coordination.
- Improve and execute quality assurance process for data, software, analysis, and reports in both departments, as well as across the organization, as needed.
- Foster a culture of learning and continuous improvement through project debriefs, client feedback, and other processes.
- Provide regular and ongoing opportunities for all staff to give feedback on culture and organizational effectiveness.
- Ensure the continued viability and growth of the organization through sound fiscal management.
- In coordination with the HR Manager, improve staff development and retention systems, creating policies that help employees grow professionally at Global Footprint Network.
- Improve current performance evaluation to account for the effectiveness of teams.
- Develop performance standards, job descriptions, performance goals, and objectives in collaboration with department directors.
- Develop management training program for project managers and department directors.
- Oversee systems for assessing the social impact (e.g., balanced scorecard) of the organization as a whole, as well as for individual initiatives.
- Build the management systems needed to support the staff at the U.S. headquarters, as well as supporting the development of systems in Global Footprint Network’s European offices.
The successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience in consulting, business, and/or research, including at least 5 years in an executive level position
- MBA or graduate degree in a related field
- Strong analytical and quantitative abilities, scientific or technical background strongly preferred
- Passion for sustainability and global resource issues
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of Global Footprint Network
- Exceptional capacity for leading teams and mentoring and developing staff
- Ability to connect with staff both on an individual level and in groups
- Ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team
- Capacity to enforce accountability and learn the strengths and weaknesses of a team in order to position individuals and teams for success
- Flexibility and the ability to work within an ambiguous, fast-paced environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems
- Experience in scaling up organizations
- Proficiency in one or more foreign languages preferred
Salary And Benefits
Global Footprint Network offers a benefits package and competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. This position will be located at Global Footprint Network’s offices in Oakland, CA.
To be considered for this position, interested candidates must follow the link below to submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements. CEA Recruiting is assisting Global Footprint Network with their search for a VP of Operations. Please direct all applications and inquiries to CEA Recruiting. This position will remain open until filled.
Global Footprint Network is an equal opportunity employer.
CEA Recruiting works with leading environmental nonprofits, foundations, and businesses to recruit top talent and design effective organizational staffing strategies. For more information, visit www.cearecruiting.com.