Voluntary Carbon Markets Program Intern: Summer 2010
Ecosystem Marketplace is seeking a part time Summer intern for our Carbon Program. For more information about Ecosystem Marketplace, a leading source of information and analysis on environmental markets and payments for ecosystem services, visit www.ecosystemmarketplace.com.
About Ecosystem Marketplace’s Carbon Program
Ecosystem Marketplace’s Carbon Program produces a range of qualitative and quantitative analyses of the voluntary and forest carbon markets. Our products includeÃ‚Â original news articles, annual marketplace analytical reports, newsletters, a resource libraryÃ‚Â and tracking carbon offset projects.
In addition to these online references, the Ecosystem Marketplace Carbon Program also works to link market participants with each other and advises companies, governments and other NGOs on carbon markets.
The Carbon Program seeks an intern to support research, analysis and writing in continuation of these activities with a focus on the voluntary carbon markets.
Voluntary Carbon Program Intern description:
The Voluntary Carbon intern will be able to commit to approximately 20 hours per week to support the range of activities under the Ecosystem Marketplace Carbon Markets Program with a focus on voluntary carbon markets.
Responsibilities may include:
- Marketing support following the publication of the State of the Voluntary Carbon Markets report
- Data collection for the annual State of reports and other carbon publications
- Story identification and summary writing for the monthly V-Carbon eNewsletter
- Researching voluntary carbon news and events to contribute to Ecosystem Marketplace website news, feature stories, event listing and blog
- Contributing to updates of Ecosystem Marketplace Marketwatch and Carbon website sections
- Representing the Ecosystem Marketplace Carbon Program at relevant conferences and/or lectures in Washington, DC
- And other tasks that arise
- Upper-level undergraduate or graduate studentÃ‚Â
- Interest in conservation finance/payments for ecosystem services and basic knowledge of the carbon markets or another ecosystem service market
- Excellent writing, research and organizational skills; journalism skills a plus
- Understanding of survey and statistical methods a plus
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a team environment, but also to work well with minimum management
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
- Ability to commute to a Washington, DC Georgetown office
Compensation: $10-$13 depending on level of education and experience.
Location: Washington, D.C.
Deadline:Ã‚Â Submit your resume and a cover letter by May 14, 2010. Early submissions encouraged. Please send your materials to Molly Peters-Stanley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ecosystem Marketplace is a project of Forest Trends, a Washington, DC-based international non-profit organization that works to promote the conservation of forested ecosystems and the lives of those who depend on them through markets and payments for ecosystem services.